Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Monday, September 14, 2015 Hi ladies (and curious gentlemen)! Welcome to my first EVER blog post. I'm a mom of three little girls and part-time Nurse Practitioner with a serious skin care and makeup addiction. I have a small makeup business on the side and have decided to start a blog dedicated to all things anti-aging. My poor mom (recently on Facebook, texts in ALL CAPITALS) has told me that she has used the same skin care products her whole life. Many years. Years and years and years. My grandmother used the same exact Clinique bar soap and moisturizer her ENTIRE life. In my mom's case, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. However, her next comment made me realize why I need to do this blog: "I can't find any good information on products I should be using at this stage in my life!" It's so true - I've been looking pretty hard. It's become my mission to show you that it's never too late to make positive changes to your skincare and makeup routine. And it doesn't have to cost a fortune! You've been to Target. I go to Target about once a week and here's what it looks like: Strap three dirty girls into huge red trolley/18-wheeler, hit up Starbucks for iced coffee, hand each girl a red lollipop and run to the beautiful, well-lit health and beauty aisles for 6.5 minutes of peaceful browsing. At 6 minutes and 31 seconds, someone kicks someone else and the high point of my day is unceremoniously over. This is my point: I do a LOT of research online. I understand how overwhelming that aisle is and how expensive a trial-and-error routine can become for finding the right products for your skin. I want to take this research and give it to you in this shiny, well-lit beauty blog so that your (hopefully longer than) 6.5 minutes of browsing a beauty aisle will result in a positive and educated decision to choose products that are right for you (and, well, maybe your mother). The things I'm thinking of writing about include: Sunscreen- 10 bucks says you're using way less than you should Foundation for mature skin What makeup and beauty products you should spend your money on, and what you should just buy at Target Cleansing routine for dry and sensitive skin Facial Massage: the cheapest way to get younger looking skin Makeup tips for concealing fine lines and wrinkles Makeup expiration dates (!) Who knew this was a thing !?! Once a month makeup and skin care routine critique and suggested overhaul blog featuring my unfortunate family members Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on different beauty topics as we begin this journey! My email is doro@makeupbydoro.com. Your advocate for a simplified beauty experience, -Doro

No comments:

Post a Comment